Coleman University has been recognized as a Candidate for Accreditation by WASC Senior College and University Commission. This status is a preliminary preaccreditation affiliation with the Commission awarded within the five year period allowed to achieve Initial Accreditation. Candidacy is an indication that the institution is progressing toward Initial Accreditation. Candidacy is not Accreditation and does not ensure eventual Accreditation.
Coleman University is accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools to award Associate's degrees, Bachelor's degrees and Master's degrees.
Coleman University is a private institution approved to operate by the Bureau of Private Postsecondary Education.
- American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers
- California Chamber of Commerce
- Career College Association
- California Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators
- Pacific Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers
- Professional International Educators Roundtable
- San Diego Regional Chamber of Commerce