The summer has just begun and recent Graduates are out searching the working world for an opportunity to jump start their career path.
Here are a few tech tips written by Jill Duffy in a recent article 9 Tech Tips for Job-Hunting Grads to use when looking for jobs.
1. Tailor you cover letters and resumes for each job by adding specific details to attract a future employer’s attention.
2. Look for jobs in four online places:
- Job Websites: Linkedin, CareerBuilder
- Field-specific sites: websites that cater to your specific career
- Location-specific sites: Craigslist
- Social networks and Email
3. Be organized when searching for a job by keeping track of where you already applied to or where you want to apply to.
4. Show your interests without sounding desperate by highlighting how you are valuable to their company.
5. Use one professional email when job hunting, such as a simplified version of your name, avoid giving away personal details such as birthday or city abbreviation.
6. Clean up all social media accounts by deleting inappropriate content.
7. Research the company to learn how to speak the language of the industry you are interested in. Some companies have an extremely formal tone while others prefer a more casual conversation.
8. Write down goals and how you plan to achieve them, don’t forget to edit or update as you go.
9. When employed, document your work flow to make a great impression on your new boss.
For more information about your job search, please contact our <a href=”mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org”>Career Services Department</a>