Coleman's Career Services Department work one-one with students to help turn their passion into an exciting career. The department partners with local employers to bring a variety of professional opportunities to our well qualified pool of students.
The Career Services department provides a variety of professional development services from resume writing tips, to mock interviews, to employment assistance. In addition, Career Services Advisors:
- Conduct workshops on a variety of job search topics such as resume writing, job searching and interviewing
- Locate and develop job leads
- Process job orders from local companies
- Screen and send out resumes for jobs that match the qualifications and interests of the student
- Advise students and graduates about all aspects of career placement
- Keep students and graduates informed of job leads, local job fairs and other resources that may be of assistance in the job search process
- Meet with local employers to cultivate relationships and encourage them to hire Coleman University graduates
Though Career Services Advisors cannot guarantee students employment, they provide the tools necessary to ensure that students practice effective job-hunting techniques. Our advisors work one-on-one with students to provide personalized professional development services. Additionally, they provide abundant professional development resources including a Career Services Workbook which contains valuable information about writing winning resumes and cover letters, interviewing techniques, salary negotiating, business etiquette, and much more. As students draw closer to graduation, Career Services advisors will be there every step of the way to ensure that their job search is simple, efficient, and effective.
As you draw closer to graduation, you will have many questions about the types of employment opportunities that will be available to you, and how to secure your first job in the world of information technology. Your Career Services Advisor will help you every step of the way.
Download the Career Services Manual.
Contact Information & Hours
Career Services Advisors are available Monday through Thursday from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. and Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 3 p.m.
To contact Career Services, simply call (858) 499-0202 or request more information.