Coleman University NTHS applications
National Technical Honor Society
In 2006 Coleman University established a chapter of the National Technical Honor Society (NTHS). This organization exists to recognize outstanding student achievement in career and technical education.
Chapters are located at over 2400 schools and colleges in the United States, including 58 in California. Benefits of membership include scholarships, personal letters of recommendation for employment, and membership memorabilia including a pin, graduation tassel, and membership certificate.
Students also have access to the NTHS Online Career Center, which includes services provided by MonsterTRAK, Wells Fargo, Career Safe, and Career Key.
The minimum requirements for admission are:
- Enrollment in Mod 4 or higher
- Overall GPA of 3.8 or higher
- No absence probation
- Two faculty recommendations
- Active involvement in school, civic, or service organizations as demonstrated by a 300-500-word essay
- Applications must be made 60 days prior to graduation
(Petitions to alter basic requirements will be considered on a case-by-case basis.)