The Test Center at Coleman University is open to the public and offers a wide variety of exam and assessment solutions.
We’ve partnered with Pearson VUE to provide a comfortable, quiet, and secure testing environment for individuals in virtually every industry.
Test candidates who wish to obtain college credit by examination via College Level Examination Program (CLEP) and DANTES Subject Standardized Tests (DSST) may also schedule an appointment.
Testing services are available by appointment only, and payment is due at the time of scheduling.
- CompTIA A+
- CompTIA Network+
- CompTIA Security+
- Microsoft Clients Exam
For all other certification exams offered through our vendors, please visit home.pearsonvue.com or www.prometric.com. Popular certifications offered through our vendors include: CompTIA, Cisco, Citrix, VMWare, Oracle, CAPM, APICS, IBM, Microsoft Clients, GIAC, CTEL/CLAD, CBEST, CSET, Teradata, and McAffee.
- Arrive 15 to 20 minutes early
- Monday through Friday: Park in the front lot and proceed through our main entrance. For directions to the Test Center please ask the Front Desk.
- Saturday: Park in the front lot. Our main entrance is open from 7:30am - 2:00pm. For directions to the Test Center please ask the Front Desk.
- Present two forms of valid ID. You may use two forms of identification from the Primary list below, or one from the Primary list and one from the Secondary list.
- Valid Driver's License
- Current Government ID (city, state, federal)
- Current Military ID
- Resident ID
- Credit/debit card w/signature
- Employment ID w/photo
- Social Security Card
Items not allowed in the Test Center include:
- Cell phone
- Hats or headgear (religious headwear will be inspected by staff before the candidate is permitted to enter the test room)
- Laptop, tablet, eReader
- Calculator (a calculator function is built into the software when needed)
- Food or beverage items. (water in a clear container with a lid and without a label or printing is permitted)
- Mechanical or personal writing instruments
- Scratch paper (provided by the Test Center)
- All electronic devices (unless otherwise noted in the Test Center Administrator instructions)
These rules and guidelines allow us to remain in compliance with the test vendor contracts. We offer the same level of service to all test candidates.